At Sleep Lane Smiles we are highly experienced in caring for all of your dental needs. Dr Richard John Lampard who has been placing and restoring dental implants for over 15 years. Sleep Lane Smiles dental centre has recently been extended and modernised and is likely to be the most up to date dental practice in Bristol with the latest equipment available to our patients, which ensures that you will receive the safest and most effective long term results for your treatment.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are artificial substitutes for natural roots. They are made almost exclusively from titanium which is very bio compatible and bone fuses to the metal, a process called osseo integration. Dental Implants are used to support single crowns, bridgework and dentures. Loose uncomfortable dentures which have stopped you smiling and chewing efficiently can now be stabilised easily in the lower jaw with the placement of just two implants, or with four implants in the upper jaw.
With good maintenance our dental implants can last you a lifetime.
Sleep Lane Smiles Dental Implant Procedure
- Diagnosis and treatment planning. This usually involves an examination, impressions for plaster study models to be produced, photographs and X-rays.
- Each implant is placed into a socket that is specially prepared at the precise location of the intended tooth.
- A healing period of between 6 weeks and 6 months is allowed depending on bone quality.
- Several visits may be needed during the healing period for monitoring and adjustment of temporary teeth.
- Final dentures or teeth are commonly fitted 3-9 months after commencement of treatment.
- Regular examination and hygienist appointments are all that is required to maintain the health of your mouth, teeth and implants.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- As close to what nature intended as is currently possible.
- Preserves facial structure – helps prevent bone loss which will help to keep you looking younger.
- Allows you to eat, speak, smile and laugh naturally
- May improve your ability to appreciate the flavours of food
- An improved quality of life with a potentially life long situation
- Preserves healthy teeth so no grinding away of adjacent teeth as required for conventional bridgework
Frequently Asked Questions on Dental Implants
Are Dental Implants successful?
Research from over three decades and over a million patients treated suggest that 95 to 98% of dental implant retained dentures and bridges remain in function for at least 5 years. With careful maintenance they can be a life long solution.
How much do Dental Implants cost at Sleep Lane Smiles?
Fees depend on several factors such as the number of teeth to be replaced and the number of implants needed to support them. Full written estimates will be given as a result of careful treatment planning following a comprehensive examination at Sleep Lane Smiles In Whitchurch Bristol, please call us now to discuss our fees and to book a consultation.
Will dental implants work for me?
Provided there is sufficient bone of good quality is available and you are in good general health then dental implants should work for you, no matter what age. Smoking and excessive drinking can prevent implant success and are big risk factors to the success of the implant.
Will my teeth look natural?
When used in combination with modern restorative dentistry, appearance, comfort and function are likely to exceed your expectations. Dental Implants from Sleep Lane Smiles are often hard to tell apart from your natural teeth.
Will I be able to chew well?
Following a brief adaptation period, chewing capacity is comparable to that of natural teeth.
Please call us now for further information or to make a booking on 01275 891820.